Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Challenges

November 2, 2009

So, my 5 nearly 6 year old daughter has a mind of her own. The only problem is she influences her little sister, often into doing things I don't want them to do. The older daughter says she forgot, or didn't hear me and quickly heads down the street and out of our front yard nearly out of view with little sister in tow. She is adventurous but doesn't understand what could happen and as I call for her to return she sees she is in trouble. All of this to say, she is nearly six, but won't I deal with same kind of thing the older she gets, say 13, 15, etc? According to this Wall Street Journal blog, she could become a great leader because of her pushing boundaries attitude. My goal as a parent and mom is to make sure they all know they are loved. In trying to find ways to discipline and show them love the way they'll respond and hear, I want to figure these things out now so when the challenges of growing up for them increase in difficulty (like a video game), they'll turn to my husband and I versus just their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment